Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cavalia Highlights

Someone emailed me a bunch of links to videos of me in Cavalia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7myFh4hTmJE
This is me roman riding during the roman poste. I race the other 2 guys (Eric Martonivich and Ricky Suarez) and then Eric gives me the lines to his team and I race around the stage and jump them over a 3' high jump. Bandit and Hollywood are my team. They were so awesome. Bandit was the bad boy and Holly was the sweatheart. It was a lot of work training them. I'll have to put some video on Youtube of the training it took to open Cavalia.
Here is the trick riding portion. You can tell its me by my call. When you hit the stage it was like a bolt of lighting hitting you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReZTtnb34SU

Here is video of me teaching roman riding during Cavalia. It takes a lot of balance, not mention confidence and control to keep the horses going where they are supposed to go. This is lots of fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-03V1xf-s

To answer a few questions, I was with Cavalia from the start in Shawinigan, Canada. I was the Quarter Horse trainer and helped set up the Roman Poste, Voltige en Round and Trick Riding. I brought Ricky Suarez, a friend and fellow equestrian up to Cavalia with me (at the time the show was tentatively called "Voltige".) to train horses. After a month of starting horses we moved to an ice hockey rink in Shawinigan where we practiced as the built the tent and set up the technical aspects of the show. The cast arrived and we started building the show. It was an incredible experience working with Frederic Pignon and Magali Delgado. I had worked with them at Arabian Nights in Orlando and this project was a massive undertaking. In August we performed our first shows and them hit the road. We opened in Toronto, Montreal, San Francisco, Glendale CA, Seattle, Berkley, San Diego, and Santa Monica. After 300 plus shows I left to pursue what I am doing now. As you can see, things haven't slowed down a bit! Tommie is on his way to Australia for a show, I am working horses in a movie tomorrow with Larry the Cable Guy, we are hosting a Jr. Rodeo at our facility this weekend, and I just started training this beautiful Friesan horse named Eve. Good thing it's a slow week. Well, gotta prepare for the shoot tomorrow. Keep the questions coming. I'd love to hear from you. Email me at karen@equineextremist.net. Ride Fast... Take Chances! karen

No comments:

Tommie Turvey performs with Pokerjoe