Saturday, June 25, 2005

Energy Drinks


The weekend is here! Our next show is the Cooks Forest Trail Ride in PA which will be from Sunday to Wednesday and then the 4th weekend at the Manawa Rodeo. It'll be lots of fun. It has been incredibly hot lately. The grass is all brown and needs lots of water. I'm starting to miss my home in Florida, but I'll be back there soon.
When we were in Connecticut we got a 24 pack of the new diet Coke with Splenda. Have you tried it yet? It tastes like diet Coke with Lemon. Yep. As soon as we got back I bought up a bunch of regular diet Coke. I hope it's not the end of regular diet Coke! Ugh!
Being on the go and the road so much we check out any new energy drink we can find. What is your favorite? Red Bull works, but for $2 a can? Most of the ones we try are too sweet and we can't even finish the can. Full Throttle by Coke is terrible. AMP by Pepsi is MT. Dew in a small can. I just tried this one from Italy, Tiger Energy. It was too sweet and didn't give me the kick I needed. We personally like Rip It, but can't seem to find it outside of Sterling. At $1 a 16oz can, we usually stock up for the road. The sugar free, low carb is my choice. If we can't find it or run out, I get Diet Rock Star or Low Carb Monster, but at $2 or twice the price of Rip It, we'll make sure we stock up next time! During the shows everyone asks about what we're drinking. We end up giving out a few to other performers who think it's our secret formula. Our fridge is stocked with lots of water and energy fuel. It doesn't last long though... It is amazing how many brands of energy drinks there are out there and the names they have. "Bawls" comes in a small blue fancy bottle and tastes like flavored water. I guess you're paying for the bottle. Have you seen the 20+ ounce cans of Hansen Energade? Toooooo much. I wish Rip It sold in small 8 oz cans too, just when you need a lift, not 16oz of drink. Well, we're going to the Quad Cities Air Show tomorrow. Should be lots of people there. Then off to PA.
Ride Fast... Take Chances!
karen

1 comment:

Karen Turvey said...

I was informed that Rip It Energy Drink does come in 8oz cans. Pat, a lady I met while in Santa Monica with Cavalia, said they have them where she lives. Rip It needs to get on the ball and get their stuff out. Since then I've tried the energy drink from JOLT cola (remember them from the 80's) which was pretty good, RUSH Energy (Not bad but still a bit sweeter than I prefer) and Monster Assault. The Monster Assault which I thought was going to be the same as Monster, had a different taste. More like bubblegum (Rockstar)but not sweet. I liked it and it gave a pretty good kick. I haven't tried "Lost" yet, another energy drink from Hansen. (Aka Monster)
It looks like everyone is trying to get in the energy drink game. Keep in simple. A taste you could drink easily and it has to do what it says it does, give a burst of energy or pick me up without the sugar high and low. I'm now on the lookout for the 8oz RIP IT's. Thanks Pat.
Ride Fast... Take Chances!
karen

Tommie Turvey performs with Pokerjoe